Saturday, May 1, 2010

Weddings and Womens Conference

Life in my house has become pretty crazy lately.  With both of my sisters engaged and planning weddings it seems there is never a calm moment.  There are addresses to type, dresses and tuxedos to be measured for, flowers to order, decorations to be booked, guest books to be made, and the list goes on and on.  Needless to say, it is quite exhausting and somedays I wish it was all over.  However, a lot of the time it is fun and exciting and watching my sisters get happier and happier as the weddings get closer is a lot of fun. 

Last Saturday we had a family reunion and a triple bridal shower (triple because my cousin is getting married also).  The first time in over 8 years my mom and all of her siblings were together.  Plus all of us grandchildren were all in attendance as well.  We had a lot of fun getting to see all of our family and having a bridal shower with all of them as well.  It was pretty funny to see all of the presents stacked up on the table because there was three of everything.  But they all got some great gifts.  The shower was a couples shower, so all of the men were there too, it was a lot of fun. 


After all of the wedding stuff going on last weekend I was in need of a break, thankfully we had already booked our trip to BYU Womens Conference.  It is a tradition in our family for us to go to the conference every year.  So on Wednesday night we headed down to Provo for our girls only weekend.  We stayed at the Best Western Cottontree with my Aunt and Cousin for two nights and spent two days wandering the BYU Campus.  I absolutely loved the last two days, I was in serious need of the spiritual feeding that we received.  We heard a lot of great talks which concluded with Elder Dallyn H. Oaks and his wife Kristin Oaks.  I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to attend the conference and have a lot of fun with the girls and be spiritually fed.  It was also great to do some service while we were there, making things to go to Primary Childrens Hospital and Haiti. 

And before I finish my post I better update you on the Frozen Yogurt project.  My friends and I have all been so busy that since attending Red Mango, we have not all gone again together.  They went once without me while I was gone to Disneyland (oh right, I forgot to post about that, I'll put pics up soon) so I don't know where they went or how it was.  However, I did try a new Frozen Yogurt location while I was in Provo and it was pretty good.  My mom and sisters and I went to Spoon It Up, next to the Cafe Rio on University Parkway.  It was a self serve place, they had a ton of flavors and a lot of toppings.  I really liked it.  Plus the atmosphere of the store was GREAT!!!  They had couches and chairs and tv's which were playing Friends while we were there. 

I am going to try a lot better to keep this updated, I promise!!!  With 3 weddings coming up I am sure I will have plenty of great stories to share ;)

4 comments:

  1. I am sad I wasn't there to go to Womens Conference with you guys again. I always love that. Have fun with all the wedding chaos and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad that you weren't there with us too. I definitely missed having you there. I love it so much, it is a great time just being with the girls and listening to some great talks. I am excited to see you!!! Love ya Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you updated your blog!! It's so cute! I was looking to see if I could become a fan or whatever that's called but I didn't see where...do you know how?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Christine, I fixed it so that the follower thing would appear. It should be in the right column under my friends list. And Thank You!!! I am glad that you like it!

    ReplyDelete