Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bridal Showers = Sleep Deprivation

I have always loved going to bridal showers and celebrating the upcoming marriage with friends and family.  However this week it was my lovely privelege to join forces with my fabulous Aunt and throw one for my baby sister.  We had the shower last night at my Aunt's house at 6pm.  We decided that since the shower was going to be on Cinco de Mayo that it would be fun to have a mexican themed bridal shower.  So we ended up having Chicken Enchiladas and Tacos for dinner.  We also had mexican themed decorations as well, including a cow shaped pinata (which we did not break).  We played a couple of games, ate dinner, and watched the bride open all of her gifts.  It was great to be able to sit around and chat with the family and have a good time.  Everybody seemed to love the mexican theme and we ate a ton.  It was GREAT!!!!

However. . . . . due to combining forces to throw the shower, it was my job to make dessert and the tacos.  The tacos were most definitely the easy part.  The dessert however was a BIG job.  You know how bridal showers are, you have to have it all cute and wedding themed.  Well on Tuesday night I ended up staying up until 1:20am making chocolates to decorate the cupcakes with.  It was quite a task that I undertook and definitely took me a lot longer to accomplish then I had expected.  Lets just say that squishing melted chocolate out of a piping bag into the shape of a K is a lot easier said then done.  But I just have to say the final product turned out rather well.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

The funny thing is that I did not even feel the lack of sleep yesterday.  I thought for sure that I would be dead all day (due to the fact that I have to be at work at 6am and had gone to bed at 1:20am).  I was pretty happy with how energetic I was feeling yesterday.  However, today I am beyond feeling that lack of sleep.  Combined with staying up until 2:30am Saturday evening putting together Wedding Announcements, I have missed out on quite a bit of sleep within the last week.  I was so tired this morning that I fell asleep at work.  Luckily it was a slow day in our call center so I slept quite a bit this morning in between calls.  Now I am just trying to fight a losing battle of taking a nap.  I know if I take a nap now I won't be able to fall asleep when I go to bed tonight.  Lets just pray I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight!!!

2 comments:

  1. The dessert turned out awesome! You are so talented! Good luck with your new books! I'm excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Christine!! I am excited for my new books too. I hope that I can learn something and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete