Tuesday, May 18, 2010

17 Days and Counting

My baby sister is getting married in 17 days.  I cannot believe how fast it is coming.  Our house sort of feels like a zoo trying to get everything ready in time.  It is weird how I never realized how much work it takes the family to pull off a wedding reception.  There are favors and chocolates to be made, 700 of each to be exact.  We are still waiting on our bridesmaid dresses to be delivered, which is making me a little nervous.  I am hoping that they aren't going to need altered but they probably will since we are all different sizes.

It is really weird how the time has gone by waiting for the wedding.  First it felt like it was far away and now it feel like it is rushing at us head on.  I think we are going to have a collision soon.  In some ways it makes me sad to think that my baby sister is going to be moving out and no longer living so close.  We have become really close over the last few months and I am really going to miss having her around to hang out with.  I will definitely miss her humor and fun personality around the house making all of us laugh.  But at the same time I am very happy for her.  I know she is extremely happy and loves Kelton with all of her heart.  They are a cute couple and very good for each other.

On Sunday we went up to Brigham City, where Kelton lives, for the bridal shower they had for Kari.  It was a lot of fun to be able to meet his family and see how big it is.  There are a ton of them.  I couldn't believe how many people were there and how many great gifts Kari got.  But after the shower we got to see the house that Kari and Kelton will be living in after they get married.  The house is a cute little farm house and is right next to the Calf Barn.  By the way Kelton lives on a Dairy Farm.  We had a blast going on a tour of the farm and seeing all of the cows.  We got to go through the calf barn and see the cows that are pregnant.  We also got to see them milking the cows and cleaning out the milk barn.  It was really fascinating to see how it all works.  I will have to go up to Kari's often so I can hang out with her and see all the cute baby animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment