Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life." -Mortimer J. Adler

As many of you know, I LOVE to read.  It is a rare occasion when I do not have a book with me.  Last night I found myself lying in bed staring at my bookshelf . . . reading the titles of the books I own.  I have read a lot of great books throughout my life.  Some weeks I can go through 3 books and other weeks I will only read a few pages.  Either way, I absolutely love to read, it helps me relax and just escape to another place and time.  So as I was lying in my bed reading over my book titles I thought I would share some of my favorite books.  Some of them have really touched me or taught me.  While others are just a great story that I like to read over and over again.

One of my all time favorites is
The Secret Journal of Brett Colton
By Kay Lynn Mangum
A Classic. . . 
Pride & Prejudice
By Jane Austen
I also love the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites Series
By Chris Heimerdinger
(They have helped me learn a lot about the Book of Mormon and the Bible)

And one of my most recent favorites. . . 
The Hunger Games Series
By Suzanne Collins
I also really liked the Twilight Series 
By Stephenie Meyer
(But don't worry, I'm not overly obsessive about it like the Twi-hards)

And one other that I absolutely loved was the Jayson Wolfe Series
By Anita Stansfield
(If you are going to read them, let me warn you that the first three are great, the last two are good, but a little bit too much.)

These are just a few of my favorites, that I like to read over and over again. 

Currently I am reading a series by Josi S. Kilpack, they are Culinary Mysteries.  My Aunt gave me the first two for Christmas.  It took me two tries to get through the first book but it was good.  It also is taking me a bit to get through the second book as well.  And after I finish it I am going to re-read Eclipse, so that I can remember what is happening before the movie is released on June 30th.

Of all the diversions of life, there is none so proper to fill up
its empty spaces as the reading of useful and entertaining authors.
~ Joseph Addison ~

Books are not made for furniture,
but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
~ Henry Ward Beecher ~

2 comments:

  1. I love that you shared your favorite books! I've been looking for some great reads during the summer while I have time :) I may need to make a trip to your house and borrow. I think you forgot to mention The Host...well at least it's one of my favorites :) I also love the new look of the blog, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am so glad that someone appreciated the book post. I didn't know if anyone would like it, but I had to share anyway. I did forget to mention The Host, probably because my boss interrupted me when I was posting. And you are more than welcome to borrow anything that you want!

    ReplyDelete