Saturday, July 17, 2010

Butterfly Kisses

(The title will make sense I promise)

Today we had a bridal shower for sister #2 to get married.  My Aunt did most of the work for the shower for which I am very greatful.  She is absolutely wonderful and did such a great job.  I am so thankful for her and for all of her help and love for us.  We had a great time at the shower and my sister got a lot of really nice gifts.  She was spoiled.  She did get an awful lot of lingerie today too. . . . apparently we all had a lot of fun buying it for her. 

I was in charge of the dessert for this shower too, just like the last one.  Everyone loved the cupcakes I made last time so I decided to do cupcakes again.  However I was a bit more ambitious with these cupcakes and put a lot of time and effort into them.  I am also VERY VERY greatful for one of my best friends for staying up half the night with me last night helping make all four dozen cupcakes.  My idea was to turn all of the cupcakes into butterflies.  I know you are all probably wondering what butterflies have to do with a bridal shower, but if you think back I bet you have all heard the song "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle.  I thought it was a good fit. . . idk.  So after slaving away all night last night and for an hour and a half this morning this is what the finished product looked like. 
(yes, there are 4 dozen butterfly cupcakes there)



I thought that they turned out pretty cute and luckily they didn't melt during the car trip to the shower.  Everyone seemed to enjoy them too, especially the little girls.  I don't know that I will be that ambitious in the future, but I am glad that they turned out well. 

Now we are all done with bridal showers and just have to finish planning and preparing for the wedding.  Only three weeks from today and we will be having another great wedding day experience.

1 comment:

  1. They turned out great! I was more than happy to help! Maybe I found my true calling in life...piping melted chocolate into butterfly wings. But I loved spending time with you and your amazing family more! Thanks for entertaining me!

    ReplyDelete