Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Sorry about not updating in so long.  Life has been crazy and hectic so I just haven't had the time. 

For the 4th of July weekend we went to the Murray Parade as is the tradition.  My sister and I got up at 5:30am to go sit on State Street and freeze our rear ends off saving seats for the parade.  Good thing my little 2 year old cousin enjoyed it or else I would say it wasn't worth it.



I also was lucky enough to get to go to the Stadium of Fire down at BYU.  Carrie Underwood was the performer this year and I was very excited to go.  Carrie did an awesome job and I really enjoyed the show.  The fireworks were amazing too, I can't believe how loud they are when you are inside the stadium like that.  I think my favorite part of the show was when Carrie sang the national anthem, including the fly over at the end of the song.  I had a lot of fun with my best friend and her brother and I am really glad we went.



On Sunday my parents, sister and her fiance, and I drove up to join our other sister and her husband at their campsite.  We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and Starbursts (they are the best) and had a great time laughing and talking.  We all were able to fit in the trailer and had a lot of fun laughing before we all fell asleep.  After breakfast on Monday morning we drove up to Willard Peak.  Some of the ride was a little bit scary as there is still snow up there and a lot of the road is very very narrow.  However, the scary ride was seriously worth it, the view from the top of the mountain is breath taking.  I felt as if I were on top of the world.  You could see everything up there.  I am glad we went and had fun as a family. 


Yes that is snow.  People were actually having snowball fights at the top.

3 comments:

  1. You look GORGEOUS in that photo at the concert! New profile pic??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair is really cute. Glad you are having a fun time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe thanks guys!!! Maybe I will have to make a change to my profile pic. . . on facebook and on here :)

    ReplyDelete