Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blind Dates

I have heard several success stories for blind dates.  For many people this is how they meet their eternal companion.  It worked for my beautiful little sister that got married just a week ago.  Plus there are several other people that I know that met the same way and ended up getting married.  Well for me blind dates never seem to go well. . . . for example the first blind date I ever went on was horrible.  I came home from the date and told my mom that dating was way over rated.  The interesting guy I went out with talked about another girl the entire night. . . who does that?  It was awkward and boring, I ended up tuning him out half of the time and people watching.

The second blind date I went on the very nice guy was the quietest person ever.  I actually went on like 3 dates with him but I seriously felt like I had to force him to speak to me.  And seriously the third date we sat and played scrabble in dead silence.  And blind date #3 was the worst of them all.  I almost ended up calling my father to come pick me up because I was that freaked out.  I have never been so scared on a date in my life.  He was seriously creepy!!!

However, I went on a blind date last night, and it was GREAT!!!!  One of my best friends asked me if I would double with her and she set me up with a guy from her ward.  We went to dinner at a Mexican Restaurant, then we went Bowling and then back to my friends house for a little kareoke.  I had a blast!  Before they came to get us I was a nervous wreck though, I haven't been on a date in two years.  But the guy was very nice and very funny and we had a great time.  I am so glad that I went (I wasn't going to because I already had plans to watch the happy couple from last week open their gifts) and that I was able to relax and be myself and just have fun.  And finally I now can say that I have been on a good date and not just ended up with a good story ;)

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I'm glad you had fun on your blind date last night! For some people, that is the way to go. As for me, blind dates are not my friend. I'm glad it worked for you, though! Is there a second date? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep us posted if there is a second date

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you had a great time!!! I had so much fun and I'm grateful that you were able to come!

    ReplyDelete